Creative Arts in K–6 is designed to enable students to gain increasing understanding and accomplishment in the visual arts, music, drama and dance and for students to appreciate the meanings and values that each of the artforms offer personally, culturally and as forms of communication. Not all of the four Arts areas may be possible in some circumstances, but within the given limitations the Arts will be fully explored and much with the input of the student's interests.
- in making artworks informed by their investigations of the world as subject matter, use of expressive forms, & consideration of the audience for their works
- in appreciating their own artworks and those of others, recognising the roles of artists, audiences and how the world can be interpreted
- in performing music of different styles and from different times and cultures by singing, playing and moving using musical concepts
- in organising sound into musical compositions using musical concepts
- in listening to and discussing their own music and that of others
- in making drama collaboratively by taking on roles and creating imagined situations shaped by the elements of drama
- in performing drama by actively engaging in drama forms
- in appreciating their own dramatic works and those of others.
- in composing their own dances using the elements and contexts of dance
- in performing their own dances & the dances of others from different times and cultures using the
elements and contexts of dance
- in appreciating their own dances and those of others